WRITTEN BY: ANURAG SAHOO
As a resident of bhubaneswar, I always get to travel to CUTTACK which is 25 kms from us. Never had I given the thought that CUTTACK would be such a charming and above all a place which has originality. One fine sunday morning me and my brother went to watch the movie 2012. But after seeing such a massive crowd at the movie hall, we decided to return back. Gone are the days when we used to do fight the world just to get the first day first show ticket. Now as I’m approaching 22, neither I have the desire nor I see any rationality in doing that.
So we still had 2 hours before we should settle down for a lunch at a restaurant. So my brother told me let’s go to CUTTACK and have a visit. I said ok. Previously I had been to cuttack for various reasons but this was for the first time I went to cuttack to only cruise around. Well, the ride at NH-5 was smooth as we passed various industrial establishments, an array of car showrooms which displays the booming consumer base in India, private educational institutes and lots of unorganized shops. We reached PAHALA which is a must stop for every sweet lover. The rasgullahs were always a gourmet’s delight. After a drive of about 20 minutes we reached CUTTACK.
After reaching Cuttack, we took a left turn to a road named LINK ROAD. It is aptly named as this road connects CUTTACK to NATIONAL HIGHWAYS and it is a link.
Going straight ahead the link road will make you reach BADAMBADI- the bus stand of cuttack. There you get to see Cuttack’s most famous commercial complex- BHARATIA TOWERS. One thing I observed about Cuttack is the presence of financial service organizations which is more in number than BBSR. Then you take some turns and you will reach RING ROAD. It is named because it covers the city and it is in a circular shape. As you drive on the ring road, you get a good view of MAHANADI river located side by side of the road.
BUXI BAZAR is the main market of CUTTACK and the market has a thin crowded lane for accessibility. It seems CUTTACKIANS love the road as never any extension plan is done on that road. Another great feature in cuttack is the presence of colonial buildings of BRITISH ERA. It really makes CUTTACK a mini KOLKATA. And majority of houses have shops downstairs. The grand HIGH COURT offers a majestic eye candy. Cuttack has full of never ending lanes which ends in RING ROAD. And CUTTACK loves DAHI VADA and ALU DUM as they prefer this dish over anything else for morning or evening.
CUTTACK has original people unlike BHUBANESWAR and is a perfect example of communal harmony as HINDU, MUSLIMS, CHRISTIANS live in peace and brotherhood. Developed areas like CDA SECTOR tells about the economic development. But still CDA unlike BDA is faced with the challenge of limited scope and area for development. As an ending note, I would like to say that CUTTACK is truly a remarkable testimony of history, culture and heritage. If you ever come to BHUBANESWAR, please do pay a visit to this magnificient city.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
CUTTACK-OUR BROTHER
Posted by Anurag Sahoo at 7:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment