MISSING BY: ANURAG SAHOO
I am writing this article not as a nostalgic emotional fool but as an optimist who believes that all good things must come to an end to make way for another good things or maybe better things. The other day I was thinking about my school and college days. Let’s start with my school days. Boy, life was so easy and complications were very less in those days. All we had to worry about was homework, friends and pocket money. Life was a bed of roses at that time. I was lean, thin and cute at that time. But the day I joined the college, I began to realize that the world is not as dazzling as it was during my school days. Behind dazzle, laid the darkness of wastage due to alcoholic consumption and smoking. Oops I’m talking like a parent. Sorry, behind the dazzle lies even more dazzle.
What’s life without a pop of beer? As an advertisement says, CHEERS TO LIFE, yes, guys should have a beer dominated youth which has to be complimented with endless butts of cigarettes strategically concealed inside a bottle.(This is STEREOTYPING and I have never smoked or drank in my life). Fast food has to be taken in a regular basis as we come of age and regular outings with buddies demand that. Dirty jeans, chains, bracelets, sandals strap-on, funky shades are all part of the GREAT FASHION BRIGADE which rules the youth arena. Love is the greatest emotion during this time and it gets ample opportunity to blossom in the college or anywhere else. And with love comes mobile phone, regular recharge reform (RRR) and the tradition of giving. Hostel life is a life to cherish as almost everybody’s dream of 24 hours SOCIAL INTERACTION with friends become true.
Then suddenly I realize that I’m 22 and I have to shape up a career. I have to get involved in the raggedy filled world and have to be a negligible and minute part of the INDIAN ECONOMY. Really the fun days, the teenage days, the hassle free days, WELL GONE ARE THE DAYS……..

2 comments:
its working
u made me nostalgic....wish cud return back 2 those days any ways ur lines hv mesmerised me to some extent
Post a Comment